Monday, October 5, 2015

Flipped!

As an "up and coming" educator (which means that I'm new to education), I'm looking to learn from my colleagues on best practices in the classroom.  At the end of the day, I want to effectively educate my students in the subject area that I teach.  As great as my own University teacher education is, there's nothing like connecting with those who've been in the field for years to gain helpful insights all in the attempt to perfect my craft.

When you think of social media, you usually associate albums upon albums of pictures, people speaking too openly on things and a lot of grammatical errors.  Well, I just joined a social media site that is just for educators and allows for some pretty cool interaction.  It's called the Flipped Learning Community and it's for teachers who doing things "flipped": making common group exercises individualistic and common individualistic activies in a group.  What's really cool is the amount of Educators you're able to connect with.  Be sure to check it out if you're in search for some teaching advice/strategies/buddies.


1 comment:

  1. You have found a group that is interested in one of the new trends in education. I hope it proves useful.

    ReplyDelete