Sunday, November 8, 2015

TedEd Lesson

This morning, I created my first TedEd lesson that I feel most could enjoy and learn a great deal from.  It's on the basic Chinese greetings such as saying "hello" and "how are you?"  Chinese is a lot of fun to learn and this lesson will show that for any and all that try it out!

My overall goal for this lesson was to try out TedEd to see if this is a tool my students would enjoy and gain a lot from.  Here are my learning objectives:


  • Students will be able to speak basic greetings in Chinese
  • A basic understanding of sentence structure in Chinese would be developed
  • Students will be able to translate basic greetings from Chinese to English
One of the cool things about TedEd lessons is that you're able to embed quiz questions, discussion boards and allow exploration right from the video page.  I plan to utilize all three to see how students are doing and to see if the objectives I've set forth have been met.  I will emphasize results from the quiz questions and reflection board to track comprehension and see exactly where students may fall.  

What do you think?  Leave a comment if you tried the lesson.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed your lesson and left a reply to the discussion question.

    ReplyDelete